How I met my Husband

Our Life

March 3, 2017

How Scott and I met

|| Online Dating Fun of Columbus Ohio Wedding Photographers||


So, there I was in the summer of 2013. I had been single for several months and sworn off dating anyone for awhile… or at least until I got back from the beach. The beach was North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, and we were there for the annual vacation my family always goes on. I always feel rejuvenated, clear-headed and ready to focus when I get back from the beach. I decided halfway through the vacation that I would get on eHarmony when I got back. I was in a good spot and it felt like a good time. The remaining week of vacation was awesome and once I got back to Ohio, I signed up for eHarmony.  Scott decided to join eHarmony in February of 2013. He had been on the dating website for about six months and was ready to call it quits because he wasn’t having a ton of luck on it. He had met a couple of girls, but nothing really stuck.


I was on the website for three days and this profile popped up for a guy named Scott. I thought to myself, Scott is a good name. I read through his profile and was beaming a huge smile when I was done. I flipped through his pictures and he was cute, as well. Therefore, instead of waiting and hoping he would message me, I sent him the first set of five questions. If you are not familiar with eHarmony’s communication steps – they lead you through various stages of multiple choice questions about likes and dislikes and some open-ended questions before you get to emailing.


After I sent the first five questions, I was beyond excited when I saw that he had responded back, and quickly. I literally jumped through the roof when I saw the email come in saying he had responded. I immediately answered his questions and sent him the next communication step. I probably should have waited a couple hours so I didn’t look too eager, but oh well!


The next day he got back to me and then I responded back with my three long questions for him. His answers to my three questions were awesome and they filled up almost the entire page. I answered his questions and almost filled up the entire page, as well. We were typing maniacs.


Finally, we got to the email communication. Email communication lasted all of two days because we were typing so much we were filling the email boxes to the max. I can’t remember how many characters can fit in the emails, I think 5,000 or 10,000. Either way, it was a ridiculous amount of text and he and I both agreed that neither one of us had the time to type up a multiple page email when talking on the phone was much faster. We exchanged phone numbers and away we went to multiple hour phone conversations.


He wanted to meet that first week on the phone, but it was the middle of summer and wedding season so we had to wait a week or so before we could actually meet. A week might not sound like a long wait, but for us, it felt like a month.


We finally got an evening we were both free and set up our first date/meeting. Now, there is a little bit of a discrepancy on what the name of this first outing is. I call it a meeting that turned into a date. Scott calls the whole thing a date. We met up at a driving range and hit a bucket of golf balls. I call that our first meeting. We chatted by our cars and the range was closing so I just flat out asked if he wanted to go to dinner with me. He said yes, so to me, the dinner portion became our first date and the driving range was our first meeting. Scott thinks the whole thing was our first date. We have yet to agree on what to call this first date/meeting!


The weeks that followed flew together. We hiked at Hocking Hills the first weekend after we met. I actually attempted to do my hair cute to go hiking… in August… in Ohio… haha. Luckily, we took a picture at the start of the hike before we were hot messes from hiking six miles.


The week after Hocking Hills was filled with more fun dinner dates, drive-in movies and just generally getting to know each other more. We literally spent almost every evening together that entire week. We decided at the end of that week we wanted to officially start dating.


In a matter of two weeks we met and became boyfriend and girlfriend. It was nuts. It seems like that fast speed has kept up with us throughout our entire relationship. In March of 2014 he asked me to marry him on a trip to Roanoke, VA. That was six months after we met. We got married a little over a year later in an oceanfront wedding on Hatteras island at North Carolina’s Outer Banks on May 5, 2015. A month after we were married, we honeymooned on Oahu and Maui for two weeks. In August of 2015, about three months after we were married, we found out we were expecting our first child. Wyatt was born on April 24, 2016 which we love. His birthday is the perfect combination of our birthdays. Scott was born in April and I was born on the 24th of June.


So far, 2017 is the first year nothing major in our personal lives is going on or been planned!! This is the first time in our entire relationship that our lives are slowing down a little bit. We have had so many crazy seasons in our lives already that I am excited to see how this slower personal season will be.


Watching Wyatt grow up is an insane experience. He is almost a year old already, it just doesn’t seem possible that he could be a year old or that Scott and I have been married for almost two years. So much has happened in the short amount of time we have been together! I cannot wait to see what life has in store for us. I know we will enjoy this pace of life for awhile and rejoice in it before our personal lives speed up again!


I hope you have enjoyed the story of how Scott and I got out beginnings! I always love to hear how everyone met each other because the stories are always so different and unique to each couple. I would love to hear your story!


All of these photos were taken with cell phones or gopros – besides the official wedding and engagement picture!


Us after hiking at Hocking Hills

Pumpkin + Christmas Tree hunting

Our engagement – Roanoke, Virginia

Engagement Pictures at Dawes + Wedding at Hatteras Island, NC

Honeymoon – O’ahu + Maui – Birthday climb to Haleakalā + Luau for dinner

Fair day with our adorable son Wyatt who has Daddy’s eyes and Mommy’s hair!


I am an Ohio based photographer who loves photographing weddings and engagements, traveling to beautiful sandy beaches, running after our adorable son Wyatt and border collie Bentley. A chips and salsa freak. Lover of  coconut smelling lotions - candles - tea  - desserts and... well anything that smells coconuty, and finally warm summer nights on our patio!  Come hang out with me on Instagram and Facebook!

With Love,




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Our 6 best tips for having a relaxed wedding day and an extra bonus that is near and dear to Scott and I.  Grab our free guide to learn ALL about how to have a relaxed wedding day.

Grab The Guide

6 Tips for a relaxed wedding day